RYT200 Training Program
Do you feel ready to take the next step in your Yoga practice? Are you looking to deepen your knowledge of yoga or train to become a Yoga instructor and share your love of yoga? These are questions that arise as you immerse yourself in Yoga. If you have reached this crossroads, then our Yoga Teacher Training is the perfect fit for you!
Yoga Legacy is committed to training high quality yoga teachers. Success will depend upon the student and their ability to come to training with the desire to truly learn, the ability to let go of ego, and the ability to start with an empty slate regardless of any prior experience.
The Yoga Legacy RYT200 Training Program consists of 8 required core modules and 2 elective modules of study. Each module focuses on a specific subject or area of study and includes appropriate yoga poses. The poses are introduced incrementally, with a focus on alignment and safety, and are reinforced throughout the program.
Yoga Legacy dedicates a full weekend to material to give the trainee a complete understanding of the material rather than a brief overview. This allows the trainee to gain a deeper understanding and experience the material presented.
Module 1 is the foundation course and is required before you can take any of the other modules. You can take all the other modules in any order. This flexibility is perfect for participants that are looking for just one area of study, students that cannot fit a full training program into their schedule and need to take it in segments, or fitness and yoga instructors that need individual continuing education credits (CECs) to maintain their current certifications.
Check our Yoga Teacher Training Comparison Chart to evaluate the differences between our RYT200 program and others in the area.
200 Hour Program Of Study Includes:
- Paths, Styles and the 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Yamas and Niyamas
- Yoga Anatomy
- Yoga Sutras
- Relaxation Techniques (pratyahara)
- Yoga Philosophy and Psychology
- Teaching Essential and Advanced Yoga Postures
- Effective Sequencing
- Sun/Moon Salutations
- Bhagavad Gita
- Gentle, Intermediate and Advanced Yoga
- Chakras and Subtle Energy
- Nutrition and Ayurveda
- Detox Yoga Specialty including poses specifically for detoxing
- Hot Yoga Specialty including Hot 26 (Bikram style) and Yin Yoga
- Yoga Modifications Specialty, modifying poses and utilizing props
- Senior Yoga Specialty including Chair Yoga
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Business of Yoga and Ethics
- Meditation and Yoga Nidra
- Kriyas, Chanting and Sanskrit
- Guided Relaxation
- Language and Voice
- Practicums and Practice Teaching Sessions
Module 1: Yoga Basics
Foundation course introducing you to Yoga Legacy and the basic poses or asanas. This course is a pre-requisite for all other modules.
Module 2: Yoga and the Life Force
Focusing on the study of Pranayama.
Module 3: Yoga Alignment, Modifications and Adjustment
Working with proper posture and how to adjust students in each posture.
Module 4: Yoga Strength and Safety
Understanding what muscles are used in different poses with a focus on safety.
Module 5: Yoga Kriyas, Chanting, and Sanskrit
Discovering a healthy body and learning the language of Sanskrit in yoga.
Module 6: Yoga Pratyahara, Psychology, Flower Essence and Oils
Looking at the emotional and spiritual aspects of yoga.
Module 7: Yoga Subtle Body, Meditation and Chakras
Understanding the energy centers with a focus on meditation.
Module 8: Yoga the Lifestyle, Business, and Ethics
Discussion of the business side of yoga.
RYT200 students are required to take two specialty modules, comprising 42 elective hours, to complete their training.
- Review our list of Specialty Electives for descriptions and other details.
- Check our Training Schedules to see what is available. Not all modules are offered every year.
You must also complete 40 hours of independent activities outside of your classroom training. These can include teaching outside yoga classes, reading approved yoga texts, or observing yoga classes. In Module 1, we discuss which activities are acceptable and how to record them.
- Transfer of credits from other yoga schools might be available, upon approval. The minimum fee is $150.00 per module, with a two module maximum. Call our office for information.
- If you miss hours during training, you will be required to attend that Module the next time it is offered (see fees) unless other arrangements were made prior to training registration (all requests must be made in writing via email). Otherwise, you can request an Individualized Training Program Plan, which has an additional fee.
Ready to get started?
Go to Prices and Registration to find our pricing options, register, and pay.
For payment plans, click here.
Click here for Curriculum.